Dr. Christoph Trattner is currently working as key (senior) researcher at the Know-Center, Austria's research competence for data driven business and BigData analytics. He has a PhD (with distinction), a MSc (with distinction) and BSc in Computer Science and Telematics from Graz University of Technology (Austria). He is a former FFG, Marshall Plan and ERCIM fellow and has been working at Graz University of Technology from 2009-2012, the University of Pittsburgh from 2011-2012, the Norwegian University of Science amd Technology from 2014-2015, and has been visiting Yahoo! Labs Barcelona in 2014 and CWI Amsterdam in 2015 (two times). Christoph's research interests include AI, Machine Learning, Recommender Systems and the Science of the Web. He was involved, either as a collaborator or a project leader, in various national and international EU-funded research projects that dealt with social technologies and recommender systems. Currently, he is driving a research project that tries to understand, predict and change online food preferences to tackle health-related food issues such as diabetis or obese. Since 2010, he published two books and over 60 scientific articles in top venues and journals, e.g., Wiley JASIST, ACM TIIS, Elsevier ComCom, ACM WWW, ACM WebSci, ACM CIKM, ACM CSCW, ACM RECSYS, ACM IUI, ACM HT and ACM UMAP. He is also the winner of several Best Paper/Poster Awards and Nominations. He regularly acts as a PC member on several top-tier conferences and co-organizes or co-chaires a number of workshops and conferences. Recent examples include ACM WWW'16, ACM UMAP'16, ACM HT'16 or ACM IUI'16. At Graz University of Technologies he teaches or has taught among other courses Information Systems, RecSys and Web Science & Web Technologies.
Some good news again :) Our work on POI recommender systems with my collegues from TUG Alexander Oberegger, Lukas Eberhard and my friends Denis Parra and Leandro Marinho got accepted
at the ACM RecSys Workshop on Recommenders in Tourism.
Trattner, C., Oberegger, A., Eberhard, L., Parra, D. and Marinho, L.: Understanding the Impact of Weather for POI Recommendations, In Proceedings of the ACM RecSys Workshop on Recommenders in Tourism, 2016 (accepted).
Check out our workshop on Engendering Health with RecSys co-located with ACM RECSYS 2016. Deadline: June 24th, 2016.
We solicit short research papers (4 pages) and short position papers (2 pages), both in the ACM conference paper style.
Great news! Paper accepted in the ACM Hypertext conference. The paper Understanding and Predicting Online Food Recipe Production Patterns
was written together with my collegues Tomasz Kuśmierczyk and Kjetil Norvag from NTNU (Norway) and
describes our ideas on a recommender system that supports the user in his/her online recipe creation process.
Enjoy reading :)
Yet another great news! Paper accepted in the ACM UMAP conference. The article Plate and Prejudice: Gender Differences in Online Cooking
was written together with my collegues Markus Rokicki and Eelco Herder from the L3S (Germany) and my collegue Tomasz Kuśmierczyk from NTNU (Norway).
Citing Eelco's FB post: "Among others, we statistically confirmed that men tend to prepare dishes with more ingredients and a longer preparation time. Recipes from males receive more attention and feedback, but females receive more positive and less polarized feedback."
Enjoy reading :)
Great news! Paper accepted in the ACM Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems. The article VizRec: Recommending Personalized Visualizations
was written together with my collegues Belgin Mutlu and Eduardo Veas from the Know-Center and
describes our ideas on a recommender system that is able to recommend
visuals for BigData to people in personalized manner.
Enjoy reading :)
Have a look at our paper "Recommending Sellers to Buyers in Virtual Marketplaces Leveraging Social Information".
The paper was written together with my collegue Lukas Eberhard from Graz University of Technology and
and was accepted for publication in the ACM WWW workshop on Modelling Social Media. The article describes our intitial ideas
to recommend seller to buyers in virtual marketplaces exploiting social network data.
Enjoy reading :)
Have a look at our article "Modeling Activation Processes in Human Memory to Predict the Use of Tags in Social Bookmarking Systems".
The article was written together with my collegues Dominik Kowald, Paul Seitlinger, Simone Kopeinik and Tobias Ley from Graz University of Technology and TLU
and was accepted for publication in The Journal of Web Science. The article describes our ideas on how better tag recommender systems can be developed using the BLL equation
from the cognitive architecture ACT-R.
Enjoy reading :)
Have a look at our article "FOODWEB – Studying Food Consumption and Production Patterns on the Web".
The article was written together with my collegues Tomasz Kuśmierczyk and Kjetil Nørvåg from NTNU during the tenure of an ERCIM Post-Doc and
was recently published by ERCIM News in the special issue on "Tackling Big Data in the Life Sciences". The article describes our initial research effort for a better understanding on how we consume and produce food.
Enjoy reading :)
Today my second book as co-editor was published by Springer.
Have a look, and enjoy reading :)
Big Data Analytics in the Social and Ubiquitous Context
5th International Workshop on Modeling Social Media, MSM 2014, 5th International Workshop on Mining Ubiquitous and Social Environments, MUSE 2014, and First International Workshop on Machine Learning for Urban Sensor Data, SenseML 2014, Revised Selected Papers
Series: Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 9546
Subseries: Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence
Atzmueller, M., Chin, A., Janssen, F., Schweizer, I., Trattner, C. (Eds.) 2016, IX, 187 p.
- [11/2015] Together with Denis Parra from PUC, Chile I will be publicity chairs for UMAP and ACM Hypertext 2016. Stay tuned :)
- [10/2015] Got recently invited by Francesco Ricci from University of Bolzano, Italy to present my current research on food consumption and production patterns on the Web. Thanks for this :)
- [10/2015] Check out our Workshop on Modeling Social Media co-located with WWW'16 with special Topic on "Behavioral Analytics on the Web". Hope to see you in Montreal :)
- [09/2015] Article accepted in Springer SNAM:
Trattner, C. and Steurer, M.: Detecting Partnership in Online and Location-based Social Networks, Social Network Analysis and Mining (SNAM), 2015.
- [08/2015] Article accepted in Elsevier ComCom:
Parra, D., Trattner, C., Gomez, M., Hurtado, D., Wen, X. and Lin, Y.: Twitter in Academic Events: A Study of Temporal Usage, Communication, Sentimental and Topical Patterns in 16 Computer Science Conferences, Computer Communications Journal (COMCOM), 2015.
- [07/2015] Two Paper accepted at Recsys'15:
Marinho, L., Trattner, C. and Parra, D.: Are Real-World Place Recommender Algorithms Useful in Virtual World Environments?, In Proceedings of the 9th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys 2015), ACM, New York, NY, USA, 2015. Larrain, S., Trattner, C., Parra, D, Graells-Garrido, E. and Norvag, K.: Good Times Bad Times: A Study on Recency Effects in Collaborative Filtering for Social Tagging, In Proceedings of the 9th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys 2015), ACM, New York, NY, USA, 2015.
- [06/2015] Paper accepted at HT'15 on our research in online communities. Check the paper here:
Garcia, R., Gomez, D., Parra, D., Trattner, C., Kaltenbrunner, A. and Graells-Garrido, E.: Language, Twitter and Academic Conferences In Proceedings of the 26th ACM Conference on Hypertext and Social Media (HT 2015), ACM, New York, NY, USA, 2015.
- [05/2015] Check out our Workshop on Social Personalisation & Search co-located with SIGIR'15. Hope to see you in Santiago de Chile :)
- [04/2015] Paper accepted at UMAP'15 on our research in visual recommender systems. Check the paper here:
Mutlu, B., Veas, E., Trattner, C and Sabol, V.: Towards a Recommender Engine for Personalized Visualizations, In Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on User Modeling, Adaptation and Personalization (UMAP 2015), Spinger, Dublin, 2015.
- [03/2015] I am co-chair for the Doctorial Consortium at ACM HT'15. Check out the Call for Papers!
- [03/2015] Check out our Workshop on Modeling Social Media co-located with WWW'15 with special Topic on "Behavioral Analytics in Social Media, Big Data and the Web". Hope to see you in Florence :)
- [03/2015] Two papers accepted at WWW'15 on our research in online food communities. Check the papers here:
Kusmierczyk, T., Trattner, C and Norvag, K.: Temporality in Online Food Recipe Consumption and Production, In Proceedings of the ACM 2015 International Conference on World Wide Web Companion (WWW 2015), ACM, New York, NY, USA, 2015.
Kusmierczyk, T., Trattner, C and Norvag, K.: Temporal Patterns in Online Food Innovation, In Proceedings of the ACM 2015 International Conference on World Wide Web Companion (WWW 2015), ACM, New York, NY, USA, 2015.
- [02/2015] Gave recently a talk about Cognitive Models in Recommender Systems at the Big Data Meetup in Trondheim organized by Yahoo! Have a look at the slide below :)
Today my first book as co-editor was published by Springer.
Have a look, and buy it - of course :)
Mining, Modeling and Recommening "Things" in Social Media
4th International Workshops, MUSE 2013, Prague, Czech Republic, September 23, 2013, and MSM 2013, Paris, France, May 1, 2013, Revised Selected Papers
Series: Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 8940
Subseries: Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence
Atzmueller, M., Chin, A., Scholz, C., Trattner, C. (Eds.) 2015, IX, 151 p. 47 illus.
- [12/2014] I am PC member of the ACM RecSys Challenge 2015. Submission deadline is July 7, 2015. See more information about the challenge
- [11/2014] I am Project Liason Co-Chair of the 23rd International Conference on User Modeling, Adaptation and Personalization (UMAP’15) which will be held at Dublin, Ireland, June 29th - July 3rd, 2015. See more information about the conference
- [11/2014] Some good news again. Our Workshop proposal on Modeling Social Media (MSM'15) with Martin Atzmueller, University of Kassel, Germany and Alvin Chin, Microsoft, China got accepted
as a full day workshop at ACM WWW 2015. Check out the workshop website! Deadline is Jan 24, 2015.
- [11/2014] Got recently invited by Luc Martens from University of Ghent to serve on the board of evaluators for PhD cand. Simon Dooms and his work on Hybrid Recommender Systems. Furthermore, I was invited for a talk on SocialComputing & Big Data. Thanks for this :)
- [10/2014] Got recently invited by Yahoo Labs Barcelona to present my work on Search and Predictive Modelling in tagged information spaces. Check the slides below.
- [10/2014] Moved to Trondheim :) to work one year on selected topics in Social Computing in the area of Big Data! The work is supported by a grant from ERCIM - the European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics.
- [9/2014] Got invited for an talk at I-Know/EC-TEL conference in Graz! Gave a talk on BigData and Recommender Systems for Online and Offline Marketplaces. Check the slides below.
- [9/2014] Yeah - seems like we have been awarded with a Best Poster Award for our work "TagRec: Towards A Standardized Tag Recommender Benchmarking Framework" at the ACM International Conference on Hypertext and Social Media in Santiago, Chile. Get the program and code for free from out GitHub Repository!
- [9/2014] I recently gave an invited talk at PUC - Chile on Big Data in the context of Social Computing. Interested? See slides below!
- [9/2014] Here are the slides of my talk at Hypertext 2014 - Chile in the Social Personalisation Workshop on recommending items in social tagging systems.
- [6/2014] Submit your work to the 1st International Workshop on Social Personalisation (SP 2014)!
- [6/2014] Check out our work on cognitive psychological models in tag recommender systems. Source Code now online: https://github.com/domkowald/tagrecommender
- [7/2014] Interested in Hypertext and Social Media? Submit your Workshop or Tutorial proposal to HT2014!
- [2/2014] Have an interesting EU-Project on User Modeling & Personalization? Present your EU-Project at UMAP2014: http://umap2014.cs.aau.dk/
- [12/2013] Interested in Big Data Mining in Social Media? Then please consider submitting research papers to our WWW2014 workshop on Mining Big Data in Social Media (MSM2014) which I will be co-organizing.
- [11/2013] Yet an other talk I gave at CIKM2013 on recommening tags with a model of human categorization. Interested? See slides below!
- [7/2013] I recently gave an invited talk at the Mendeley "recommender systems" workshop in London on the opportunities, expectations and challenges of a real academic-industrial collaboration. Interested? See slides below!
- [3/2013] I recently gave an invited talk at the PWM community meeting in Vienna at the HP headquater about "social network research". Interested? See slides below (German only)!
Know-Center Research Center for Big Data Analytics at Graz University of Technology (TUG)
|Tel:||+43 (650) 2402801|